Flower Waters (Hydrosols) contains all the same plant essence components as essential oil, has all the beneficial qualities and aroma of the essential oils.
I make the ‘Hidcote’ Lavender, Attar of Rose geranium, Rose, Calendula, Bog Myrtle, Heather and Bay (Laurel Noblis) flower waters using my handmade copper Alembic still. My sister, Amanda in Cyprus makes Rose, Lemon and Bay hydrosols.
I sell the Flower Water Body Mist in royal blue glass bottles topped with black pump-action sprays. Each bottle is decorated with a garland of ribbon.
How to use our Flower Water Body Mist:
- In skin care, Rose, Orange Blossom (Neroli) and Lavender hydrosols are great for hydrating dry skin and cooling hot and sensitised skin. Use as a face refresher, skin toner or as an aid to controlling break outs of acne
- For a coolant for sun-burnt skin – store it in the fridge for an extra soothing mist
- Used in the final rinse after shampooing, flower waters help to condition hair and add a shine, and gently scent your hair
- Spritz for a post exercise skin refresher or to just chill out on a hot summers day
- Use it as an anti-fungal foot spray or to deodorise shoes
- To softly scent linen or as a laundry spray
- Use as a room mist in your bedroom, to calm and relax and promote a good night’s sleep
- For children spray flower water on their pillows and sheets prior to bedtime. You can make it a relaxing part of your child’s bedtime ritual along with their bedtime stories – It can even be used as a soother against monsters during the night, said a mother of a very busy little girl…..